Friday, September 09, 2011

Resources: Webscription and Fifth Imperium

 This post was inspired by a comment I made on a blog. It will probably turn into a new feature.

I am broke right now, so I need webpages with cheap, well edited books.  There are two webpages that I always browse when I am on the outlook for Fantasy and Science Fiction: Webscription.net and Fifth Imperium.
Webscription is Baen's Ebookstore and it also includes Baen Free Library. The e-books are priced at 6-4 dollar, which means you save a lot of money buying a new release as e-book instead of Hardcover. 
When it comes to the Fifth Imperium I was a bit hesitant at first, but it is legit.  The Fifth Imperium hosts most of the CDs that came with Baen Hardcover a couple of years ago, which means you have access to even more free e-books.  It is a great way to discover new authors, or pick up books you have wanted to read but not pay hardcover prices for.

( Honestly, I wish other publishers followed Baen's lead.  DRM free, cheap e-books, and plenty of free e-books too!)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...